At Sacramento Animal Hospital, we understand that the loss of a pet can take a tremendous emotional toll. Pets hold special places not only in our lives, but also in our hearts as well, and losing them can bring up feelings of grief that are similar to those we have when we lose a loved one or friend. This is why our entire staff is here to make sure that you receive all of the support and care you need to take you through this difficult period.
- Pet cremation services — Sacramento Animal Hospital and Animal Memorial Services have partnered to provide cremation services for your dear pet.
Pet Loss Support Resources
- http://www.lightning-strike.com — Offers support for pet lovers grieving the death of a pet, a dying pet, sick pet, or lost pet with an open discussion forum and various publications.
- http://yolohospice.org/services/grief-support/support-groups/ — Free drop-in support group on the first Monday of every month for adults grieving the loss of a beloved pet.
1909 Galileo Court, Davis, CA
- https://www.facebook.com/WingsCvmaPetLossSupportGroupOnline — The Wings CVMA Pet Loss Support Group online is a place for those who have lost a pet to come together virtually to share their grief, their stories about what the pet meant to them, and learn to cope with the loss and grief they are experiencing.
Pet Loss Support Hotlines
UC Davis Pet Loss Support Hotline
(800) 565-1526 or (530) 752-4200
6:30pm-9:30pm PST Monday- Friday
Tufts University Pet Loss Support Hotline
6pm-9pm EST Monday- Friday
We Are Always Here for You
Our entire staff is on hand to ensure that both you and your companion are comfortable and together throughout this process. We will guide you in making careful and thoughtful decisions, as well as providing you with the opportunity to say goodbye to your beloved pet.
Contact Sacramento Animal Hospital today for more information on our services.