Our Clients & Their Pets Are Part of Our Family at Sacramento Animal Hospital
At Sacramento Animal Hospital, we have been serving our community as a veterinary hospital since the 1940s. Over the years, our staff has become a second family to one another, and we view each of our clients and their pets as valued friends as well.
Before Your First Visit
Thank you for choosing us to care for your pets! Our team looks forward to meeting you and your furry family and providing you with excellent medical care and personalized service.
We pride ourselves on running efficiently and on time and we very much appreciate your timeliness so that we can successfully meet our scheduling goals.
Occasionally, we will experience an emergency or other unexpected event that may cause a short delay in being seen by your doctor and we thank you in advance for your patience when these unforeseen events occur.
For everyone’s safety (pets and people alike), all dogs must be on a leash while in the clinic and all cats in a cat carrier. If you do not have a carrier, please inform our front desk and we can loan you one.
Make your First Visit More Efficient!
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your first scheduled appointment to allow time to process your information.
- To save time at check-in, print out our New Client Information Form and bring the completed form with you.
- Please also bring a copy of your pet’s previous medical records. If these are not available, contact us before your appointment and supply us with the name of your previous veterinarian and we will call to request these for you. (Note some veterinary clinics require a call from the client directly before records can be sent out).
What to Expect on your First Visit
- 5-10 minutes to collect your information and create your medical record in our system
- 5-10 minutes with a technician who will ask you questions about your pet’s history, get your pet’s weight and temperature, and discuss the purpose of your visit
- 15-20 minutes with a veterinarian who will make friends with your pet, perform a complete physical exam, and then discuss a diagnostic and/or treatment plan with you
- 5-10 minutes to check out, collect any medications that have been prescribed, and schedule follow-up visits if needed
Thank you for considering Sacramento Animal Hospital for your pet’s veterinary needs. Please feel free to contact us at (916) 451‑7213 for more information on how we can serve you and your pet.