Get Your Puppy or Kitten Off to a Great Start at Sacramento Animal Hospital
Few joys are greater than welcoming a new pet into your home, and getting your puppy or kitten the proper care and treatment needed during the first days and months of life is key to starting him or her off on the right path to a long and healthy life!
At Sacramento Animal Hospital, we’ll partner with you to provide the best care available, beginning during the first 6 months of your pet’s life.
Your Pet’s First Exam
We recommend all puppies and kittens receive their first veterinary examination at 7–8 weeks of age.
During your companion’s first visit, he or she will receive:
- A thorough physical examination—Your pet’s first examination will help ensure your pet’s wellness and identify any potential health-related issues.
- Testing for parasites and other diagnostic necessities—Screening for flea, ticks, intestinal worms, and other parasites are all part of our early detection services.
- Appropriate vaccinations based on the outlined scheduled for your pet—Your pet’s first vaccinations are critical to good health. We will provide you with a schedule that is right for your puppy or kitten.
- Pet nutritional counseling (as needed)—We can help you address any questions you may have regarding any early onset behavioral or dietary needs for your pet.
- A puppy or kitten package with basic training tips and personalized vaccine schedule—Our puppy and kitten packages provides you with the tools and information you will need to provide your pet with the best care possible at home.
If you and your companion will be visiting Sacramento Animal Hospital for the first time, we recommend that you visit our new client page. Here you can obtain valuable information on our puppy and kitten services and preparing and scheduling for your pet’s first visit, as well as our new client form.